Depart Just In Time For Fall
The Poconos are a part of the Appalachian Mountain chain; one of the oldest mountain ranges on earth. So, it should come as no surprise that tucked among these ancient peaks and mist-filled valleys are plenty of ghouls, wraiths and spooks.
In these parts, it seems that behind every twist and turn is a spooky glen or abandoned resort. From Native American legends to infamous murders and enduring mysteries of modern times, Poconos ghost stories abound. Now you can experience the sights and hear the stories first hand on Pocono Day Tripper’s Haunted History Trolley Tour. Running throughout the months of September & October, brave passengers find themselves cruising back country roads in an authentically restored trolley, exploring local legends both macabre and mystical.
Hop on the trolley and join our haunted guides as they lead the way to places where even locals dare not tread, especially after dark…
- The Delaware Water Gap eatery where a grisly ax murder remains unsolved to this day. Listen closely and you may just hear the unearthly warning to “Get out!”
- The craggy mountain cliff where fiery balls of light mark the place where a forbidden couple met their demise.
- The old county jail where the Poconos’ own “rain man” defied gravity and the laws of nature in a mysterious tale that baffles visitors and haunts the memories of local lawmen to this day.
- Frightening specters that call our local university home. Yes, we’ve got school spirit(s)!
- The Poconos resort with its very own woman in white who relives her tragic wedding day for all of eternity.
- Much, much more!
Beginning September 9th, 2022 – Fridays and Saturday Evening Tours
The Historic Castle Inn, 20 Delaware Avenue, Delaware Water Gap, PA 18327
Reserve your spot by 6PM the day prior to your tour for best availability.