The Poconos are a part of the Appalachian Mountain chain, one of the oldest mountain ranges on earth. So it should come as no surprise that tucked among these ancient peaks and mist-filled valleys are plenty of ghouls, wraiths and spooks.
The Haunted Pocono Trolley returns this fall, with a new launching point: tours now begin and end at the Historic Castle Inn, with several spooky stops within the borough of Delaware Water Gap.
Located at 20 Delaware Avenue, Delaware Water Gap, the Historic Castle Inn has its own hotel haunts to explore. But it’s not the only shadowy location steeped in local lore.
In these parts, it seems that behind every twist and turn is a spooky glen or abandoned resort. From Native American legends to infamous murders and enduring mysteries of modern times, Poconos ghost stories abound. And now you can experience the sights and hear the stories first hand on Pocono Day Tripper’s Haunted Poconos Trolley Tour. Running throughout September and October, brave passengers find themselves cruising back country roads in an authentically restored trolley, exploring local legends both macabre and mystical.
Hop on the trolley and join our story tellers as they lead the way to places where even locals dare not tread, especially after dark.
- the Delaware Water Gap eatery where a grisly ax murder remains unsolved to this day. Listen closely and you may just hear the unearthly warning to “Get out!”
- the craggy mountain cliff where fiery balls of light mark the place where a forbidden couple met their demise.
- the old county jail where the Poconos’ own “rain man” defied gravity and the laws of nature in a mysterious tale that baffles visitors and haunts the memories of local lawmen to this day.
- frightening specters that call our local university home. Yes, we’ve got school spirit(s).
- the Poconos resort with its very own woman in white who relives her tragic wedding day for all of eternity.
- and much more!
Tours begin September 9th, 2022 – Fridays and Saturday Evening Tours thru October
The Historic Castle Inn, 20 Delaware Avenue, Delaware Water Gap, PA 18327
Tickets are available at the Historic Castle Inn and at PoconoDaytripper.com
Seats are limited. Reserve your spot— if you dare!